ROOFING NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE 2
April 5, 2019
– Following discussions to advance bargaining, there is a request from the Bargaining Committee to the Ministry of Labour to have a “No Board” report issued. This will put the Union in a legal strike position on May 1, 2019.
– To qualify for strike benefits, dues must be paid in advance as per Article 30, section 4(d) of the Constitution.
– Important Members Meeting – Update on Negotiations – April 29, 2019, 7:00 pm. – Rembrandt Banquet Hall – 930 Progress Ave., Scarborough, ON. If an agreement is reached by then, ratification vote will take place.
Sheet Metal Workers Negotiation Update 2
April 12, 2019
• As the Contractors Bargaining Group is out of the country, there will be no further meetings with them until April 25 & 26, 2019.
• The contractors continue to insist on having a 40 hour work week for Sheet Metal Workers and a 44 hour work week for Sheeters and Deckers, make-up time, hiring hall provisions cast into the Agreement, mobility increase to 4 men and regional wage settlements.
• To qualify for strike benefits, dues must be paid in advance as per Article 30, Section 4(d) of the Constitution.
• Important Members Meeting – Update on Negotiations – April 30, 2019, 7:00 pm. – Le Jardin Conference & Event Centre – 8440 Highway #27, Woodbridge, ON. If an agreement is reached by then, ratification vote will take place.
Respond to Radio Ad
LOCAL 30 OF THE SHEET METAL WORKERS AND ROOFERS UNION IS SEEKING EXPERIENCED ROOFERS, SIDERS, AND OCOT LICENSED SHEET METAL WORKERS — BOTH JOURNEYMEN & APPRENTICES – WHO ARE LOOKING FOR WORK.
THERE ARE JOBS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW. IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS, THEN DON’T HESITATE! APPLY TODAY BY CALLING: 416-299-7260 or online by clicking here to learn more.
Please visit the News section to see the Joint Recommendation and Letter of Understanding regarding Safety Training.
Attack on Skilled Trades, Schedule 17 of Bill 70
As we are all aware the Liberal Government it trying to weaken the College of Trades ability to enforce.
A link below bring you to a petition voicing our disapproval of these changes.
Please consider signing the petition!
Local 30 is pleased to offer our members discounts for Great Wolf Lodge, Ripley’s Aquarium and Falls Avenue Resort. Please go to our news section to view the flyers!
De Novo After Care Meetings
Starting Thursday February 23, 2017 a 12 step discussion meeting starting 7:30 pm will be held at our union hall 190 Milner Avenue, Toronto.
If you, a coworker or family member have a problem with drugs or alcohol this might be for you,come through side door.The meeting will last one hour.
The Barrie Monthly Meeting Has changed Locations.
As of March 14, 2017 the Barrie Monthly meeting will be held at the Barrie Union Office, 106 Saunders Road Unit 2a, Barrie at 7:30pm.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
Sheet Metal Workers’ & Roofers’
Local Union 30
Local 30 was chartered as a local of the Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association in 1896. Following a merger with another trade union in the United States, the name of the union was changed to International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers (SMART) in 2011. Currently, Local 30 has approximately 3500 members working in the sheet metal, roofing and siding and decking industries in the Greater Toronto Area. Our skilled tradesmen and women work primarily in the ICI sector of the construction industry, both on job sites and in production shops.
Solidarity & Craftsmanship
Workers in the production sector fabricate a variety of metal products, primarily for installation on construction projects. Production
A roofers are skilled trades people who install waterproof membrane on a buildings with flat or sloped deck made of wood, steel or concrete. Roofing
Workers and those they work for both need to have 100% protection throughout the job process. Sheet Metal Workers’ and Roofers’ Local 30 provides that and more!President - J.R. White